Thursday, September 30, 2010

Please Hold

"Please HOLD, I'll connect you.  Please HOLD, I'll connect you.  Please HOLD, I'll connect you.  Please HOLD, I'll connect you...."  We're stuck in a loop, and the operator to the universe is dropping our call.


I won't lie - the piƱata of life that is our 2010 was full of shit.  Nothing to do but keep swinging away at it until it is empty, no?  Maybe there Is a prize with a golden ticket stuck in there somewhere?

But, we are learning just how patient we can be.  How tolerant.  How supportive.  How broken we can be and still cling to humor.  That doesn't mean we aren't sending the universe a big ol' middle finger salute - because we are; both hands, and mean faced.  Did we get the worst of it?  Certainly not.  But if I may cry Uncle - and ask for a reprieve, then I do.  Please, world, back off a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment