Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finale

Adios, two thousand ten.  I want to say good riddance, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.  I want to hate you, for all you hated on me, on us.  But I don't.  I know you didn't set out to shit on us... to break us, to test our patience and fortitude.  But here we are - the year quietly raining to an end.  I am a year older, and this time, a year wiser.  A year stronger.  A year more patient, aware, and focused.  These challenges served to temper my will.  

And so I look to begin a new year, with inner peace, with a healthy respect for the fragility of these bodies that carry our spirit, and for the burden we impose upon our earth.  I will not promise grand and sweeping changes; I will not fret over the superficial milestones I might once have placed; for that is not who I am.  

What I Am, I'm seeing with clearer focus.  What is, what may be.  What is important, and what isn't worth the worry it attempts to demand.  

So, on to next year.  With hope, with strength, with optimism.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! Here's to 2011, my friend!

    ReplyDelete